Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer is an officer of Indian Defence Estates Service cadre of Civil Services and works under the administrative control of Director General, Defence Estates, Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence. Sh. Mahesh Vadde is the Chief Executive Officer of Lebong Cantonment Board at present.
The duties of the Chief Executive Officer are as follows :-
- To exercise all the powers and perform all the duties conferred or imposed upon him by or under this Act or, any other law for the time being in force;
- Prescribed the duties of, and exercise supervision and control over the acts and proceedings of, officers and other employees of the Board;
- Be responsible for the custody of all records of the Board;
- Arrange for the performance of such duties relative to the proceedings of the Board or of any committee of the Board or of any committee of Arbitration constituted under the Cantonments Act, as those bodies may respectively impose on him;
- Comply with every requisition of the Board on any matter pertaining to the administration of the cantonment;
- Subject to any restrictions, limitations and conditions imposed by this Act, to exercise executive power to ensure that the administration of the Board is carried out in accordance with provisions of this Act.
Welcome to the Official Web portal of Cantonment Board Lebong.This site is designed to provide accurate and easy to use information on Cantonment Board services and programs.
It is an attempt by the Cantonment Board to make comprehensible, the complex terminology, rules and procedures to the residents of the cantonment so as to make them active participants in the process of governance in place of passive receivers of information from the government. Effort has been made in it to explain the frequently used jargons of the cantonment administration, like old grant, mutation, free hold conversion, GLR and composition etc., in simple language which have remained incomprehensible since long for the residents of the cantonment.It is expected that the newly launch site would further increase the interface between the Cantonment Board and the transparency which is the Inherent feature of the website will instil more administration. It will be our endeavour to provide easy assess to maximum information for better interface between the public and the Cantt Board regarding more transparent and accountable.